Skilled and dedicated coaches are the most important aspect of Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League mountain bike teams. An AICL coach puts the safety and overall well-being of their student-athletes as the first priority. NICA-licensed coaches are role models and teachers who are open to learning the best practices of youth mountain bike coaching and actively working to hone their leadership skills.
- No experience is necessary to become an AICL coach.
- We have many teams already established you could volunteer with – a great way to get a first-hand look at what managing a team is like.
- We have the tools to help all coaches succeed.
- We offer comprehensive training at our annual Leaders’ Summit conference.
- Check out NICA’s Educational Resources and free webinar series.
Be sure to sign up for the AICL newsletter and stay up to date on league events, clinics, camps and news!
How do I get started?
All coaches are required to obtain a coaches license at one of three levels:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
The path to becoming an AICL coach generally begins with volunteering for a local team or attending a Leaders’ Summit.
Click here to learn which license level works best for your needs.
Want to Start at Team?
Take a look at our Team Starter Kit page.
Send an email to the league director.