Updated May 29, 2020
The league is tracking the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and we are taking steps to help protect the health and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and community. We are following guidelines issued by the Governor of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Health Services, and will notify head coaches and update this page concerning any protocols that we put into place.
We are continuing to move forward with planning and preparation for the 2020 season. At this time, we fully expect to run a complete fall schedule and look forward to seeing our student-athletes and coaches training together this summer.
Guidance to Student-Athletes, Coaches and Parents:
- Continue to ride responsibly and find joy on your bike, but share your rides with immediate family and household members only.
- Ride within your limits. Now is not the time to send it.
- Yield to other trail users – just like always – and maintain 6 feet of separation. Respect each other’s social bubble.
- Stay local. There is so much to explore in your backyard.
- Exercise, a healthy diet and adequate sleep all contribute to overall wellness and boost your immune system.
- Physical distancing doesn’t mean we can’t get through this together, one ride at a time. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay positive.
- The Pit Zone is open for student-athlete league membership and race registration.
- If the 2020 season is canceled due to COVID-19, student-athletes’ League Membership Fee will be refunded minus $50 (insurance and the fees that the league is charged by NICA are not refundable) and the Race Package (registration for all races during the season) will be refunded minus a $10 administrative fee.
- If the season is interrupted by COVID-19 and individual races are canceled and not rescheduled, the League Membership Fee will not be refunded and the Race Package will be partially refunded, prorated accordingly (minus a $10 administrative fee).
Team and Coach Registration:
- The Pit Zone is open for team and coach license registration.
- The NICA Coach License Fee and Team Registration Fee are not refundable (insurance and the fees that the league is charged by NICA are not refundable).
Team Activities and Practices:
- As restrictions ease in Arizona, we are able to cautiously resume activities. In accordance with state guidelines, the league will follow a phased return to play progression. Arizona is currently in Phase 1. We will alert you as we move through the stages and protocols change.
- Beginning June 1, team preseason activities will be allowed for student-athletes and coaches who are registered in the Pit Zone. If Arizona continues to lower restrictions without issue, we anticipate opening up regular season practices on July 1.
- Return to Play Guidelines.
- Practice Ready Checklist.
- Screening and Symptom Checklist.
- The Leaders’ Summit and On-the-Bike Skills Training in Prescott has been rescheduled, from April 4-5 to June 27-28.
- Additional On-the-Bike Skills 101 and On-the-Bike Skills 201 clinics will be held throughout the summer to meet the needs of Level 2 and Level 3 coaches. Dates and locations can be found on the Coach Training & Education page.
- Coaches are encouraged to continue with completing all online licensing requirements.