Updated June 30, 2020
The league is tracking the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and we are taking steps to help protect the health and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches and community. We are following guidelines issued by the Governor of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Health Services, and will notify head coaches and update this page concerning any protocols that we put into place.
We are continuing to move forward with planning and preparation for the 2020 season. At this time, we fully expect to run a complete fall schedule and look forward to seeing our student-athletes and coaches training together this summer.
Guidance to Student-Athletes, Coaches and Parents:
- Continue to ride responsibly and find joy on your bike, but share your rides with immediate family and household members only.
- Ride within your limits. Now is not the time to send it.
- Yield to other trail users – just like always – and maintain 6 feet of separation. Respect each other’s social bubble.
- Stay local. There is so much to explore in your backyard.
- Exercise, a healthy diet and adequate sleep all contribute to overall wellness and boost your immune system.
- Physical distancing doesn’t mean we can’t get through this together, one ride at a time. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay positive.
- The Pit Zone is open for student-athlete league membership and race registration.
- If the 2020 season is canceled due to COVID-19, student-athletes’ League Membership Fee will be refunded minus $50 (insurance and the fees that the league is charged by NICA are not refundable) and the Race Package (registration for all races during the season) will be refunded minus a $10 administrative fee.
- If the season is interrupted by COVID-19 and individual races are canceled and not rescheduled, the League Membership Fee will not be refunded and the Race Package will be partially refunded, prorated accordingly (minus a $10 administrative fee).
Team and Coach Registration:
- The Pit Zone is open for team and coach license registration.
- The NICA Coach License Fee and Team Registration Fee are not refundable (insurance and the fees that the league is charged by NICA are not refundable).
Team Activities and Practices:
- On June 29 Governor Ducey signed a series of executive orders intended to combat the rapid rise of COVID-19 cases in Arizona. In one measure aimed at protecting public health for students and teachers, the governor announced that schools shall delay the start of in-person classes for the school year that begins July 1 until August 17, and by extension, resuming all school-related athletics is delayed as well. In response to this development, the league is postponing the start of its regular season team activities until August 17.
- Team interactions are limited to online/virtual activities only until further notice. The league’s Electronic Communication and Social Media Guidelines should be followed.
- Return to Play Guidelines. In accordance with state guidelines, the league will follow a phased return to play progression. Arizona is currently in Phase 1. We will alert you as we move through the stages and protocols change. Note, the guidelines are league-wide minimum requirements and local jurisdictions (e.g., counties, school districts) may impose additional restrictions.
- Practice Ready Checklist.
- Screening and Symptom Checklist.