It’s Time to Get #MoreGirlsOnBikes
GRiT is an outreach program focused on recruiting and retaining female student-athletes, coaches and volunteers. Why does the league need special measures to recruit more girls and women if programming is inclusive and equal? Although we have been successful in providing equal opportunities to everyone once they’re participating in our programs, we can only be truly equal when we address that some participants may at times need different things to feel welcome and invited into league activities.
- Inspire young women to build confidence, strength of character and empowerment through mountain biking
- Provide a fun and welcoming sisterhood for all participants, regardless of experience and ability
- Increase female participation in the league – student-athletes and coaches alike
- Provide role models for female student-athletes through increasing women involved in leadership roles with the league
The GRiT Sisterhood Is…
- All girls who participate in the Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League
- All women who volunteer for the league as coaches, ride leaders or other roles
- All girls and women who who participate in a GRiT event
- All females who support getting more girls on bikes and are committed to helping increase numbers of girls participating in the AICL
Coming in 2019
- GRiT bicycle repair clinics
- GRiT social rides
- GRiT social activities and on-the-bike challenges
- MOB (Moms On Bikes) social rides
- GRiT tent activities on race weekends
- GRiT merchandise! We are currently working on a jersey design specifically for GRiT. GRiT t-shirts, stickers, and more are on the way, too! Once available, we will push out via social media and email.
What Can You Do To Help?
Volunteer! In order for off-season events and a variety of race day activities to come to life, committed volunteers are needed. Your support, feedback and ideas are an integral part of the program. Spread the word to all of the girls and women you know. Tell them about the league and GRiT events, and encourage them to join in.